Saturday, February 24, 2007

notes from the road pt. 03

07/23/06:

part 01:

ok ok, so I got a late start, goddamn bike kept breaking down... I have permanent grease under my fingernails and a whole new (dis)respect for british electrical engineering, SO, I have an operable headlight and no taillight and fuck it, I'm not going back now... I'll try to install a new tail light assembly and wiring tomorrow somewhere along the road.

I am in Longmont now, thwarted by a huge storm...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
but found salvation at "Woody's - wood fired pizzas" -they had a sign that said free wi-fi and I was sold. But what they DIDN'T tell me was that they had TV's at every table:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
which I thought was disgusting and was another chink in the breakdown of the American interpretation of quality meal time, as enjoyed by families the world over... So I turned mine off in silent protest. That was, of course, until I saw at someone elses table that they had the Simpsons on - and fuck it, I turned the damn thing back on... woohoo!

Well, the storm is getting worse, and I am still hoping to push through to Laramie Wyoming tonight, but it's not looking too good. Whatever, the bike seems to be running tough, so the rest is up to me.

part 02:

(see photos below...)

ok, ok, so I'm in Bozeman, Montana - hanging out with my grandmother, great aunt and my other two aunts... My grandmother makes great guacamole and the best homemade chicken sandwiches... main ingredient? love, of course. and cuz she's awesome. she also taught me my new favorite word: solecism. It's rad because it's something we both hate.

solecism P Pronunciation Key (sl-szm, sl-)
n.
1. A nonstandard usage or grammatical construction.
2. A violation of etiquette.
3. An impropriety, mistake, or incongruity.

I also almost got in a bar fight with a pro rodeo bull rider and team roper (no shit, dude even had the belt buckle to prove it) because I gave his girlfriend a ride on my triumph. oops. But hey! It was her birthday and shit, I knew her first... and I asked him first, and he said ok, but theres something about watching your girl ride off on the back of a motorcycle (with a guy like me) thats gotta get under your skin, no matter what you say at first.

haha, I win.

I am off to Seattle in the morning, wedding time, free champagne and good times. Capitol Hill Block Party, just fun fun fun.

more later, take a look at this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: